Ashtavinayaka – अष्टविनायक मंदिरों stands for eight Ganeshas. If you want to undertake the Ashtavinayaka Yatra, you need to all the eight Ganesha temples available in Maharashtra’s Pune, Raigad, and Ahmednagar. Only then your holy journey will complete. This article gives you necessary information about Maharashtra’s Ashtavinayaka temples.
1. Moreshwar Temple
– Moreshwar Temple of Shri Mayureshwar Mandir is available in Morgan. The distance between this Ganpati shrine and Pune is 80 km. This temple is the beginning and the culmination point of the pilgrimage to all the Ashtavinayak temples.
2. Ballaleshwar Temple
– Ballaleshwar Temple is among the 8 most popular Ganesha Temples in Maharashtra. The name of this temple came according to the name of one of his devotees. This is the uniqueness of this temple. You can find this temple in between river Amba and fort Sarasgad, 30 km away from Karjat.
3. Siddhivinayak Temple
– Siddhivinayak Temple is present in Siddhatek at the bank of Bhima. It is the only Ashtavinayak temple available in the district of Ahmednagar.
4. Girijatmaj Temple
– The Girijatmaja Ashtavinayak Temple exists in Lenyadri at the beautiful Lekhan hills. It is not close to Pune. You have to travel 160 km from Pune to reach this holy place. The Lenyadri Cave 7 is also a Lord Ganesha temple.
Click to know Famous Temples in Bangalore
5. Varadavinayak Temple
– Varadavinayak Temple is available in a small village, Mahad. Mahad is a place in Khalapur taluka, close to Karjat. Here you’ll find the idol of Varada Vinayak. The premises of the temple are by the side of a picturesque pond.
6. Mahaganapati Temple
– Ranjangaon Ganpati Temple celebrates eight legend stories of Lord Ganesha. Lord Ganesha’s idol is available in this temple. Its famous name is Mahotkat. The location of the Mahaganapati Temple is at a distance of 50 km from the city of Pune and 21 km before Shirur, at a place Rajangaon.
7. Chintamani Temple
– The Chintamani Temple is a Ganesha Temple available in an area, Theur. The location is close to the confluence of two rivers, namely, Bhima and Mula-Mutha. It is among the most popular Ashtavinayak temples.
8. Vighnahar Temple
– Vighnahar Temple is another revered Ashtavinayak Ganpati Temple. The distance between this temple and Pune is 85 km, and it offers a beautiful view on the banks of the river Kukadi. The form of Ganesha worshipped here is Vigneshwara.