India and its highest waterfalls
India is a beautiful country with mesmerizing natural attractions like lush greenery, snow-capped peak, magnificent lakes, and sparkling waterfalls. There are several amazing waterfalls in India like the Seven Sisters Falls, the Dudh Sagar Waterfalls, the Jog Falls and many more. Here is a list of the 10 highest waterfalls in India:
List of Waterfalls in India
1. Kunchikal Falls
– The biggest waterfall in India is the Kunchikal Falls. It ranks second in the list of Asia’s highest waterfalls. This waterfall is in the state of Karnataka.
2. Nohsngithiang Falls
– You can visit the Nohsngithiang Falls in the state of Meghalaya. It is among the largest waterfalls in Meghalaya and falls from an altitude of 1033 feet.
3. Barehipani Falls
– If you want to see the picturesque Barehipani waterfall, you need to go to Orissa. This is the second tallest waterfall in the list of the highest waterfalls in India. This gorgeous waterfall, with an altitude of 1,309 feet. Dense forest surrounds it.
4. Nohkalikai Falls
– Situated in one of the wettest spots near Cherrapunji, this waterfall is among India’s tallest waterfalls. It has a height of 1,120 feet. There are several other famous waterfalls in the state of Meghalaya.
5. Dudhsagar Falls
– The Sea of Milk or the Dudhsagar Waterfalls is famous for its awe-inspiring trajectory. Falling from an altitude of 1020 feet, it ranks fifth in the list of the tallest waterfalls in India.
6. Thalaiyar Falls
– Thalaiyar Waterfalls has a second name. It is rat tail falls. Thalaiyar Waterfalls is available in the state of Tamil Nadu. This waterfall falls from an attractive height of 974 feet and is among Asia’s tallest waterfalls.
7. Jog Falls
– The Sharavathi River has created the Jog Falls, one of the top 10 highest falls in India. It is present in Karnataka’s Shimoga district. It is a beautiful venue for enjoying sightseeing.
8. Khandadhar Falls
– Khandadhar Falls, located in Odisha’s Sundagarh district is one among the largest waterfall in India. This waterfall resembles a horsetail, and it falls from an incredible height of 244 meters.
9. Kune Falls
– The Kune Falls is a breathtaking waterfall, and you can find it in the green city of Maharashtra, Pune. Situated in the Lonavala-Khandala valley, this magnificent waterfall falls from 660 feet and is a popular tourist attraction.
10. Vantawng Falls
– You can see the starting point of the Vantawng Falls of Mizoram at an altitude of 751 feet. Among all the waterfalls in Mizoram, this one is the largest.