Famous Temples in Bangalore
Bengaluru or Bangalore has many well-known and ancient temples dedicated to several Indian goddesses and gods located in Karnataka. Most of the famous temples in Bangalore worship idols or murtis of Indian deities. Some of those temples are the ISKCON Temple, Naganatheshwara Temple, Sugreeva Venkateshwara Temple, and Dharmaraya Swamy Temple. Spiritual seekers from all corners of the world throng these holy places. Get more the list of Famous Temples in Bangalore.
Here is a list of the best temples that make the city of Bangalore a loved destination for Hindu pilgrims:
1. Kote Venkataramana Temple
– Kote Venkataramana Temple worships god Venkateshwara. It is available close to Krishnarajendra Road’s old fort. It is also among the oldest shrines present in Bangalore.
2. Sugreeva Venkateshwara Temple
– Sugreeva Venkateshwara Temple is available at Bangalore’s Balepet area. This temple is for a crucial character in the Hindu epic, Ramayana, namely, Sugreeva. The statue of Sugreeva present here is of six feet.
3. Kempfort Shiva Temple
– Kempfort Shiva Temple is a famous Shiva temple in Bangalore. Here you can see a statue of god Shiva, 65 feet in length, in sitting posture. There is also a massive statue of Lord Ganesha.
4. Domlur Chokkanathaswamy Temple
– Domlur Chokkanathaswamy Temple is among Bangalore’s oldest temples. This temple, dedicated to Lord Vishnu, is notable for its decorative features and sculptures.
5. Banashankari Amma Temple
– As the name suggests, this temple came into being to honor Banashankari Amma. It is among the most visited temples in Bangalore.
6. Dodda Ganeshana Gudi
– This is a Bull Temple situated in South Bangalore. Here you’ll find a large idol of Nandi, the bull of Lord Shiva.
7. Ranganathaswamy Temple
– This temple is again a famous temple present in Bangalore. This temple follows Vijayanagara style. People celebrate the Chariot Festival and the Bangalore Karaga Festival in this temple.
8. Gavi Gangadhareshwara Temple
– This is one of the most popular tourist destinations among Bangalore temples. Its enormous Trident of Shiva and its rock-cut architecture make this temple different from others. The other name of this temple is Gavipuram Cave Temple.
9. Puncha Mukhi Ganesha Temple
– The best attraction of this temple is a beautiful statue of Ganesha, 5 faced. The location is at Bangalore city’s outskirts.
10. Shree Surya Narayan Swamy Temple
– Shree Surya Narayan Swamy Temple is for the Sun God. It is one of the very few temples in India that worship the Sun God.
Read this Article in Hindi – बंगलौर में प्रसिद्ध मंदिर