Historical Monuments of India
India is a beautiful country rich in traditions, culture, heritage sites, forts, palaces, and temples. Some of the most magnificent monuments present in India are the Taj Mahal, Jantar Mantar, Delhi’s Qutab Minar, Red Fort, Charminar and the ancient churches in Goa. The historical monuments attract thousands of tourists to India from several corners of the world. Here is a list of the most famous monuments of India.
1. The Golden Temple
– This one is in Amritsar, the state of Punjab. The Golden Temple is the most significant Sikh Gurudwara in India. Another name for Gurudwara is Harmandir Sahib. It is not just the most sacred place for Sikhs but also a popular tourist attraction.
2. Taj Mahal
– Among the beautiful monuments of India, nothing can compete with the Taj Mahal, a monument made of white marble. You can find it by the side of the river Yamuna, in the city of Agra. It is the best specimen of Persian, Indian, Mughal and Turkish Ottoman architecture styles. Its majestic beauty is what made it one of the eight wonders of the world.
3. Qutab Minar
– Qutab Minar is one of the tallest towers of the world.
4. Mysore Palace
– The Mysore Palace is one of the most beautiful Indian monuments situated in the historic city of Mysore. The Chamundi Hills and the Palace of Mysore are the two best attractions of Mysore.
5. Brihadishwara Temple
– The Brihadishwara Temple or the Big Temple or Periya Koyil is among the most prominent temples available in Thanjavur, a city in Tamil Nadu. It is also a World Heritage Site.
6. Hawa Mahal
– Hawa Mahal is one of the most significant historical monuments of India, and you can find it in the pink city, that is, Jaipur.
7. Victoria Memorial
– The Victoria Memorial came into existence to honor Queen Victoria. It is available in Kolkata, and now it has become a museum with the fantastic collection of paintings, sculptures, and manuscripts.
8. Sanchi Stupa
– This is a Buddhist Vihara existing at Sanchi. People also know it as the Great Stupa.
9. Chhatrapati Shivaji Terminus
– Victoria Terminus or Chhatrapati Shivaji Terminus, situated in Mumbai, is an ancient railway station. It is one of the most renowned historical places in India.
10. Bahai Temple
– The Bahai Temple, popularly known as the Lotus Temple, is available in Delhi. It is the place for peace and meditation, and this holy place is open to people of all religious beliefs.