wild Animals of India
The national parks and wild forests of India are home to various species of birds, reptiles and wild animals. At least 25 percent of the land surface of India has the thick forest, and therefore, lots of wild animals are available there. When we talk about Indian wild animals, it is mandatory to take the names of Asiatic Lion, Royal Bengal Tiger, Black Buck, Nilgai, Great Indian Rhino, Indian Leopard, Asiatic Elephant, etc. Go through these wild animals of India list to know about the gorgeous wild animals of India. Here is the list of wild animals, get more about them.
Here, id the list of Wild Animals in India, Get more from here.
1. Bengal Tiger
– The Bengal Tiger is the second biggest wild cat species in the world, only next to the Siberian Tiger. It is also India’s national animal and is an endangered mammal at present.
2. Asiatic Lion
– Asiatic Lions are exotic creatures found only in the state of Gujarat. Their habitat is tiny, and there are nearly 411 Indian Lions in the Gir National Park at present.
3. Indian Elephant
– The elephant is another famous wild creature of India. These elephants are mainly available in the southern parts of India. These wildlife animals reside in semi-evergreen and evergreen forests and also grasslands.
4. Indian Leopard
– Indian Leopard is one of the naturally blessed kinds with the skill of climbing trees. They are also powerful swimmers. The greatest threat to these leopards is shrinking of their habitat.
5. Indian Rhinoceros
– Indian Rhinoceros are mainly available in the North Eastern places like Kaziranga National Park.
6. Sloth Bear
– Sloth Bear, is an integral part of the Indian wildlife. It is among the 4 wild bear species found in India. These are vulnerable species, and we need to protect them.
7. Blue Bull
– Blue Bull, commonly known as Nilgai, is one of the most famous wild animals of India. It is a diurnal animal that lives in grasslands of plains and also low hills.
8. Indian Wild ***
– Indian Wild Asses reside only in the dry areas of Gujarat’s Rann of Kutch. The other name for the Indian Wild *** is Ghudkhur.
9. Indian Bison
– What makes the Indian Bison a rare creature is its superb height. It is the tallest species of wild cattle. Its name is also Gaur.
10. Wild Water Buffalo
– The Wild Water Buffalo, found in the state of Assam, Bhutan, and Nepal, is one of the famous wild animals found in India. Sadly, it is an endangered species.
India is an unmatched abode of exotic and beautiful animals. The country provides shelter to a great variety of wildlife species. We have submitted a few animals on this list. Apart from the wild animals available in this particular list, India is the home of several other wild animals. Some of those wild beasts are the famous one-horned rhino, snow leopards and lion-tailed macaque. If you want to spot snow leopards, you can simply visit Himachal Pradesh, Uttarakhand, and Ladakh. You’ll witness different unique species. They will definitely give you an adrenaline rush.